2018 has arrived and there’s no better time than a brand-new year to build a brand new you! That’s why we’re taking the month of January to focus on smart ways to not only better yourself but better your business, too.
- Make a New Year’s Resolution and Stick to It – There’s no better time than the start of a new year to leave bad habits in the past and set your sights on building a better you. Setting New Year’s Resolutions though, isn’t the difficult part… it’s sticking to them that’s tough. Check out these top ways to keep your NYR’s from the New York Times.
- Try Something New – It’s easy to get stuck in the same old regularly routine day after day, year after year. While having a routine is normal, stepping outside of your normal comfort zone and trying something new can help you expand personally in ways you never thought you could. Travel to a brand-new place in 2018, sign up for a class to learn a new skill or language, or, pick up a new hobby you’ve always been interested in.
- Make Wellness a Priority – Taking care of yourself through health and wellness initiatives is important in building a better you. Make a commitment this year to stick to a nutritious diet combined with an active lifestyle in order to keep you healthy and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Ask your employer about any health and wellness programs offered to help keep you active at work and enlist in the help of your family and friends to help keep you on track.
Better Your Business
- Find your Why – Have you ever truly asked yourself why you do what you do? What is the reason behind your passion and what keeps you going at work? Sometimes, in the monotony of our daily routines, we forget our purpose and passion for our careers. This is why taking the time to sit and find your “why” can help generate a new energy and focus at work. Check out this Forbes article for 4 questions to help you find your purpose today to get started.
- Cultivate New Partnerships Every Month – If you’ve been in business for some time, there’s a chance you have already built strong partnerships that consistently keep you busy. While nurturing those relationships you have worked hard to build is important, working to build new partnerships each month can help you to grow your business and help more clients. Make the commitment this year to meet with as many potential business partners as possible and cultivate one new relationship/month to help your business boom in 2018.
- Write Down your Goals – Did you know that physically writing out your goals actually increases the odds that you will achieve them? If you’ve got goals and ideas in your head for where you’d like to be this year, write them down! Add deadlines and specific ways you will put your plan in place to achieve your goal. This will give you not only a destination but a road map of how and when you will achieve your greatest goals.
If you’re interested in growing your career this year as a mortgage professional, contact our SVP of Business Development, Chad Gomoll, directly at 262-439-4260, our RVP, Brian Jensen, at 630-927-0380 for opportunities in the Midwest, our RVP, David Williams, at 303-947-1960 for opportunities in Texas & Colorado, or, our Regional Production Manager, Kevin Laffey, at 913-645-4647 for opportunities in the KS, MO, and IA markets.